Monday, April 23, 2018

April 26th is Poem in Your Pocket Day

The idea is simple: select a poem you love and carry it with you to share with co-workers and friends throughout the day. Here are some great ways to celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day.

  • Buy a book of poetry
  • Find a poem in the library
  • Write a poem of your own
  • Text a short poem to a friend
  • Add a poem to your e-mail footer
  • Call someone and read them a poem
  • Read a few poems by a little known poet 
  • Listen to a recitation of your favorite poem
  • Make copies of a poem to distribute to friends
  • Include a poem with your next handwritten letter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Garden Party
by Richard Hanlon

I walk past a Victorian flower shop.
I had to turn back and take another peek,
Could have sworn I heard the flower speak.
Angelica screamed inspiration.
The Quince whispered temptation.
Hibiscus said, "I am beautiful and delicate."
Morning glory laughed and said, "I am more affectionate."
Secrets the Nightshade knew.
Marigold's grief made me feel blue.
Goldenrod gave me encouragement.
Verbena spoke of spells and enchantments.
Basil was angry and spoke words of hate.
Looking at my watch, I realized the hour was getting late.
As I turned and started to leave,
I felt a flower tug on my sleeve.
Yet its voice was strong enough rise above.
For it was a Rose who spoke of love,
The flower was quite meek;
I brought a dozen and thought, "How sweet!"
I'll give them to the next girl I meet.